Job type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Head Office – Chesham, Bucks
Salary Package: Competitive
About the company:
Biopharm Services was founded in December 1998 to develop technology solutions and services for the biopharmaceutical manufacturing business, covering biologic products, facilities and strategy.
Our leading commercial software, BioSolve Process comprises the biopharmaceutical industry’s most powerful set of bioprocess modelling and analysis tools. The BioSolve product range enables biopharmaceutical innovators to reduce manufacturing costs and make informed process decisions to improve profitability and ultimately patient access. We help manufacturers make well-informed decisions quickly, saving time and resources during their development and manufacturing programs.
Saving our clients millions every year, BioSolve products provide standardised, impartial and industry-wide information across organisations, helping biopharma companies rationalise and de-risk their business decision-making.
Unlike in-house systems, BioSolve accesses information from across the biopharmaceutical sector to deliver impartial knowledge and advantage.
Our company is based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, UK, with access to Central London via the Metropolitan Line.
Our products portfolio include apps built on top of MS Excel using C# and VBA, web apps built using .NET framework with a SQL Server database, cross-platform apps in Xamarin.Forms / .NET 6 MAUI, as well as additional tools such as a machine learning optimiser implemented in Python and Business Intelligence implemented on top of MS Azure.
We are now planning to build a brand new web API using the latest .NET Framework. This API will serve as the main interface for all our apps to pull data from a SQL database and will eventually replace the existing WCF service.
We are also building a cross-platform app, which will rely on the web API to save and fetch data from the database. The app will be developed using .NET 6 and Xamarin.Forms frameworks and MVVM design patterns. It will first work on a Windows desktop integrated with our legacy software, later to be deployed on other platforms and integrated with the cloud.
Your key responsibility will be developing the cross-platform app, however you will be expected to work on all existing applications too. We are a small team trying to solve difficult problems using cutting edge technologies. Join us if you’re interested in learning something new every day. If you thrive in a challenging and mentally stimulating environment then this role is for you.
- Technical design and implementation.
- Implement UI/UX layer from mockups and technical designs.
- Implement integrations between different products and toolkits.
- Participate in design and implementation of the business and data layers.
- Design and implement Unit Tests.
- Develop legacy apps and tools.
- Technical documentation.
- Research & Development of in-house tools and prototypes.
- Be involved with all steps of the product development lifecycle, from initial investigation and technical design through to UI reviews and implementation.
- Participate in mapping out testing and quality control automations.
- 1+ years’ commercial programming experience
- .NET Framework 4+
- XAML, XML, JSON
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming
- Proven ability in front-end GUI design and development
- Ability to work independently and multi-task efficiently
- Excellent written English proficiency
- Computer Science or other STEM/engineering degree
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Forms / MAUI
- Visual Studio 17+