The company is the developer of BioSolve, the biopharmaceutical industry’s most powerful set of bioprocess modelling and analysis tools. The BioSolve product range enables biopharmaceutical innovators to reduce manufacturing costs and make informed process decisions to improve profitability and ultimately patient access.
The company is based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire with excellent connections to central London via the Metropolitan Line.
Thank you for your interest in working for Biopharm Services. Our current vacancies are listed below.
Utilise your understanding of bioprocesses to support new and existing customers in their use of the modelling tool BioSolve Process. Provide support to customers, attention to detail, support product development, understand the requirement from internal and external customers, specifically:
- Lead customer support (Helpdesk) in their usage of BioSolve Process
- Liaise with client IT to assist Product Deployment
- Develop Product-Related Materials
- Such as User Guide, Release Note, Specification Documents
- Support product development and update activities
- Deliver training to new users
- Provide configuration support
A good BEng/MEng/PhD/EngD degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering and a postgraduate qualification in Biochemical Engineering.
- Technical understanding of bioprocesses, preferably with Biotech design and modelling experience and or process development experience
- A demonstrable ability to solve problems and clearly communicate the answer to senior engineers and Management Team
- As a member of a fast-growing consultancy strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with BPS consultant engineers to develop technical solutions
- Experience in working with Excel and BioSolve Process is highly desirable but not essential.
- Strong documentation experience with Technical/Software Products is highly desirable.
- At least 5 years’+ experience in a similar role
Core Skills & Requirements
- Good presentation skills and professional manner
- Strong analytical mind with attention to detail
- Organised and self-reliant
- Good communicator, both oral and written.
- Team worker with good people interaction
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Fluency in additional languages would be highly advantageous.
The ideal candidate will form part of our growing consultancy team, working on interesting projects relating to biopharmaceutical process modelling and cost of goods analysis. The consultancy team ranges from young, recent graduates to experienced professionals who can provide support and training where necessary. The small company environment demands a highly motivated individual, who is capable of handling multiple projects, while maintaining high work standards.
The tasks to be carried out daily include:
- Working alongside multinational companies and clients within the biopharmaceutical arena.
- Supporting senior consultants in process modelling and economic analysis exercises.
- Presentation of work to key project stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of the BioSolve product range.
- Support the product manager in providing documentation of the software.
The ideal candidate will suit the following characteristics:
- BEng/BSc/MEng/ MSc in Biochemical Engineering.
- Good knowledge of the Bioprocess Industry.
- Good analytical mind.
- Good listener with good presentation skills.
- Team worker.
- Self-starter and committed to timely delivery of high-quality output.
- Experience of the BioSolve Process is not necessary but considered an asset.
- A Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Guidance on professional development and training.
- Bonus: Competitive based on individual and company performance.
- Pension: The Company will contribute 5% of basic salary.
- Participation in the Company’s Group Income Protection Insurance.
- Annual Leave – 23 days plus bank holidays.
- Working Hours – 9.00-5.30.
We can offer the successful candidate a challenging and interesting career path in an innovative, growing business while also fully supporting your Continuing Professional Development.
No Agencies Please.