Utilise your understanding of Data Science and Analytical Mind to support the development activities and managing data in our Platform Software. To gather and create meaningful ways to manage those data. Communicate effectively with Development and Business to shape the Data Architecture for our Product portfolio.
- Learn how to use the Software, particularly BioSolve Process to assist Sales & Marketing in responding to client support requests. This is to triage the ticket and summarise the question being asked effectively and communicatively.
- Help us build new template unit operations and processes. That person needs to take the initiative to research by responding to the Management Team’s demand.
- Help with Product Development by helping with the effective Cost Data update. This includes gathering the data manually initially, conducting the analysis of the data collected and producing the data trends (report format) to get ready for review by the Management Team.
- After successful manual data gathering and analysis, work with the Sales and Marketing Team to devise a solution to automate this for the effective annual database update.
- Help to update the client-facing documentation (e.g. training materials and the spec sheet), take ownership of the update and keep track of the progress made.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing for the updated and new software. Interrogate the data and outcome from the testing and ensure the quality of the software is met by helping the Product Management Team and the Test Team.
A BSc (Upper Second or above)/MSc/PhD degree in Data Science/Computer Science with PhD/PostDoc or industry experience of a minimum of three years in Biochemical Engineering
A BEng (Upper Second or above)/MEng/MSc in Biochemical Engineering with PhD/EngD/PostDoc in Data Science (including Biochemical Engineering related Data Science)
A good PostDoc in Data Science with exposure to pharma industry can be considered. Also, MBA candidates with good science or engineering degrees and some full-time work experience can be considered.
- A demonstrable ability to communicate jargon in easy, simple terms and communicate to the internal development and Management Team.
- Experience working with Python, R are desirable.
- Experience working with AI, Machine Learning and/or Optimisation Engines is desirable. Technical understanding of bioprocesses, preferably with Biotech design and modelling experience is desirable.
- Experience in a client-facing environment (including working at a restaurant or café) is desired.
Core Skills & Requirements
- Good at Team Working
- Good at learning new skills and adapting to new environments.
- Good communication skills and respect for others.
- Strong Analytical Mind.
- Capable to organise complex tasks and keep in order.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Good listener.
- The applicant must have the right to work in the UK
- A Competitive salary and benefit package
- Guidance on professional development and training
- Bonus: Competitive based on individual and company performance
- Pension: The Company will contribute 5% of basic salary
- Participation in the Company’s Group Income Protection Insurance
- Annual Leave – 23 days plus bank holidays
- Working Hours – 9.00-5.30
- This is office-based role and expected to be in the office 5 days a week for the first six months. After that, minimum of 4 days a week.
Applications for this role will close on 22 March 2024